Saturday, December 29, 2018

Love, Simon



This was a film i thought looked decent but didn't seek out to see, but a couple trust worthy people highly recommended it so i popped on HBO and gave it a spin...or a stream, whatevs. What a mixed bags of emotions in this film. Happy, sad, cringe, joy, it showed awkwardness and how hard being yourself can be. Cleverly written, well acted, sharp directing, this was a gem of a film that might go under the radar, even if you know about the film. I was really digging it until the ferris wheel scene, i liked how grounded it was but that scene felt like a cligner move, i get standing up for yourself but i don't see someone in his shoes doing that. I mean the scene won me back and made me tear up a bit but still. I loved the red herrings, it had me guessing the entire time, figured one of them might actually be blue, thought one of his friends may have been, or even the cinephile kid before he went full heel, bad cinephile, bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment