Thursday, March 11, 2010

Stars of comedy do horror

So for those of us that watch Undeclared back in the day, we were pretty happy to see Jay Baruchel in Knocked Up, along with a few other comedies but mainly Knocked Up for me since he got to do alot of improving. He & Seth ROgen wrote a short that it being adapted into a feature, "Jay & Seth vs the Apocalypse" which i've been looking forward too for a while now. Today i found out he wants to write & direct a horror film, i think this is awesome. He doesn't wanna do a horror comedy but a straight on horror flick, but for the comedic actor going the horror comedy route there's the best reason to watch SNL, Bill Hader has a film he's writing for Judd Apatow. This is awesome since i'm fans of both plus both on interviews seem to know alot about horror.


On David Cronenberg

"He is my absolute hero. He’s absolutely one of the biggest influences in my life. For me… Listen: acting has afforded my mother, my sister, and me a great, great, great life, and I get to do a job that a lot of people would kill for. It’s one of the best jobs in the world. So I am absolutely grateful for all that stuff, but it was never my raison d’ĂȘtre. Always, on all my days going to school and just being an average high-school kid and miserable as you are, I was just always making movies in my head. Every day I’d walk to the bus, and I’d literally just be framing, framing everything. So the acting, I don’t mean to do it a disservice by saying this, but it was always a means to an end. It was a way to afford me the opportunity to get to kill people on camera."

On his upcoming horror film
"....The first one, the one that we’re kind of working on right now, that hopefully I’ll finally get to direct in the next year or two, is kind of a re-imagining of a slasher film about a crazy white cop who chases four black kids throughout the ghetto on July 4. It’ll be subversive and controversial and polarizing, but that’s what’s best in horror, the movies that do that to people."


http://www.avclub.com/articles/jay-baruchel,38994/



Start watching the series now!

No comments:

Post a Comment