Faces of Death was something of legend growing up. I was the horror kid that had all the cool shit like Dawn of the Dead, The Evil Dead, and Phantasm. But there were kids that had heard of Faces. No one really saw it, I didn't until my teens after Lime Wiring it. I have the collection...not a huge fan but I didn't pass up on buying it. I rematched it recently and it certainly sounds like a movie......and now we get a remake....or a meta sequel.....or a film that knows of the original. Whatever the case the concept is great, a killer reenacts the kills from Faces and leaks em online. A girl that works for a Meta/YouTube esque site flags the videos and suspects these are real. Her horror loving roomie owns the original VHS. The paths of Meta Girl. ..I mean train girl, and the killer shall cross. Only problem is the cops and doctors in this are incompetent and should be fired. It is too easy for people not to believe her and for him to keep getting away, but her it happened to Dahmer. Other issue is our lead, she is annoying and honestly quite idiotic. For a girl that works online she doesn't seem to have a clue. I will say Dacre Montgomery steals the show though. I didn't hate it, I didn't like, I simply faced death.


No comments:
Post a Comment