Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Uncut Gems



Two years ago i saw Good Time, and i knew i would have to watch the older Safdie Brother films, but doing so became a chore. Perhaps Good Time was a one and done of greatness, or perhaps it was the start of their auteur phase. If you ask most critics Uncut Gems is even better, but to me, while it is a solid film with neon drenched lighting and great acting, it is ultimately kind of dull. I was bored with this, and i hated every character except for Julia. Perhaps that is more for her being hot, but she did make me want to see her succeed in getting some money. The last act is quite tense and easily the best part of the film but by that point i hated everyone and just wanted the film to end. For me, Good Time is the only film of theirs worth a damn. This here is well crafted cinema but not enough for me to become a mark for the Brothers Safdie.

No comments:

Post a Comment