Saturday, June 4, 2022

Crimes of the Future






 David Cronenberg's The Fly is a film, THE film that made me throw up as a wee lad. I had a McRib(my last one) and a cappuccino, then watched the Fly on TNT, during the morphing scene i barfed. So as a teen i was needing to revisit it and then i discovered the world of Cronenberg. I loved body horror and then came History of Violence, my first Crongeberg film in theatres. After that i kept hoping he would return to the world of genre filmmaking. Well i finally got it in Crimes of the Future. It feels Cronenbergian, it is pure body horror, it is sexual as fuck and pretty gory is a visceral way. It is also pretentious, tedious, boring, made me want to fall asleep and made me want to leave. I hated this flick, i love the ambition but this was a terrible experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment