Sunday, January 14, 2018

I, Tonya




I, Tonya easily could have been a lifetime move, it could have been a cheesey movie of the week, instead it was given a witty script, a great cast and a super meta film. This is a highly enjoyable film, super funny at times, scary at a lot of times but never dull. The breaking of the fourth wall mixed in with "interviews" give the film perspective, and for a story like this, it is needed. I grew up watching figure skating and this story was a major event in my household, so this was a tale i knew well yet watching this made me see how things may or may not have played out. It almost feels made up, not saying the He Said, She Said scenario isn't accurate but just the event in general. If this doesn't pick up more box office due to the Oscars then it surely will be a cult film as it has all the right ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment