Sunday, May 19, 2019

Game of Thrones



2011, I tried to watch a show on a bootleg site, it was good but said site was crap so i gave up. Three years later i really really really wanted to see this one episode of this one show, True Detective. I was just going to bootleg it but my buddy gave me his HBO Go Password. I was like cool, i'll be able to watch True Detective and even True Blood as they air, at the time i was borrowing True Blood dvds every year. Well during a blizzard i decided to rewatch the pilot of Game of Thrones....and wound up binging the first 3 seasons within a month or 2. I was all caught up for season 4, and i loved being able to watch it "live". Season 5 i then had the thrill of the wait, i was a fan from that point on in 2014 and i never went back. A few episodes of season 6 just really did nothing for me, but the last few blew me away, season 7 might have been their best. Then begins the 2 year wait. We had two episodes of dialogue and character bonding, we had an all out war, then we had episode 4. After that it became clear that the final episodes would be all hell breaking loose, and it did. I loved it, i loved the hate it got. Whether it coming from "nerds" that weren't nerds a decade ago, douche bros, or old bitter nerds with their get off my lawn/this is not my book mentality. Alas we reached the end, alas our watch has ended. Loose ends were tied up, well for the Starks. I loved where they ended up. I loved where all the characters ended up. As a finale, it was perfect, but as far as retaliation goes for last week....it could have been a hell of a lot better. Hell if they added 30 minutes, but fuck it, the finale left me pleased, and thanks to everyone involved. This show was a true cultural experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment