Saturday, May 4, 2019

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil & Vile




As someone that has read alot of true crime books and researched serial killers i was stoked for this film, i was even more stoked for Zac Efron being cast as Ted Bundy. I was let down when Netflix bought the rights, i wanted to see this in theatres. After going to my annual Cinco De Mayo celebration and going for a relaxing walk in nice weather my night revolved around watching this. The film it self was well done, i just wish it was longer, so much of it feels rushed. I didn't want a slasher, i wanted a film that was a character study. Note, we didn't get a slasher, we did get a character study, but i wanted to follow the character. It was more or less about his captures, his escapes, his loves & his trial. You know, while typing this it made me like the film even more. I almost wish Netflix had been involved since the beginning, make it a 5 part mini series. I wasn't disappointed by this, i just wanted more of what i saw. Perhaps we will get an extended cut on dvd some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment