Thursday, October 7, 2021

V/H/S/94




The original V/H/S was a huge event for me when it first came out, it underwhelmed me at the time but my roommate had it on one night and i dug it a bit more. The second & third entrees were so so, 2 i remember enjoying but the the third not so much. I finally bought the first film a couple of years ago and enjoyed it alot, so i rewatched it to prep for the latest, Shudder's V/H/S/94. The wrap around starts off cool with a raid and ends in a what the fuck way. THe first segment is great and reminds me of WNUF, the second one had a great tone, the third segment had awesome carnage but the gimmick did nothing for me. The final segment honestly bored me. It seemed each segment lessened the film bit by bit. It is still a good time to watch but nothing i'd tell people to check out, there are plenty of other great Shudder films, including Seance, from Simmon Barrett, director of the awesome first segment in this film! 

No comments:

Post a Comment