Butthole Surfers became a band I truly loved in my teens. Their music was weird, punk and psychedelic, their stage antics were just that but on steroids......or acid.....and shrooms. Their real life however.....was also that but not in a fun way. I lived an insane life so I can relate but pushing weirdness and drugs can really hold you back, for the Surfers it just kind of imploded the band. This group of outcasts found kinship and love but it kept falling apart, their entire run. It showcases dual sides of indie and corporate labels but truly embraces creative freedom and individuality. The use of cartoons and puppets adds a layer that makes this possibly the best rock doc since Moonage Daydream but also one of the best docs period in quite some time. This is how docs should be, experimental just like the Butthole Surfers.





No comments:
Post a Comment