Saturday, November 27, 2021

Cowboy Bebop




 I am not a big anime fan, i have seen a few here and there, some are awesome like Akira, others i have seen and enjoyed like Vampire Hunter D but i never really latched on to. Cowboy Bebop falls in to that category, i recently rewatched the pilot to give me a taste of what to expect for the Netflix version. It was enjoyable but just a random anime for me. The live action version is quite flawed, the plot, dialogue and action are all rather weak but the characters make it, especially John Cho and Daniella Pineda. I feel had i not had my booster shot and just wanted to lounge out that i would have turned it off after the pilot but luckily the characters kept me coming back. Each episode has something to enjoy until the go home episode, it is a prequel and tries to set up the main plot after 8 episodes, but then we get to the finale which was all over the place and tonally felt unlike the rest, not only that but it was just a bad episode, especially as a finale. It did nothing to make me want to watch the anime or to continue the series into a second season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment