Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Clerks III




 So my favorite film since i was 14 was Clerks. Kevin Smith became my spirit director as a teen and Clerks 2 was the perfect book end when i was 18. Alot hated Jay & Silent Bob Reboot but for me it was a gift for the fans, and it was cinematic bukkake of the Askewniverse. Now we have Clerks 3 and this was my most anticipated film since Clerks 2 sixteen years ago. While Reboot was one of my favorite theatrical experiences because of the sheer buzz in the air, this here felt different, this was not just the Askewniverse, this was mother fucking Clerks. The love i have for these static ass flicks knows no bounds and the opening scene hit me hard, just out of pure joy. The film is hilarious , the film has heart, instead of Empire Strikes Back we get the Mandalorian, and the celebration of filmmaking alone is inspiring. Seeing scenes from the original remade with the same actors playing those characters playing themselves was the best shot for shot homage since the Disaster Artist. I can't properly even discuss this film unless it has been seen, so i'll leave it at that. Thank you, Kevin Smith for this saga of films that has always been there for me! The relatability has always been uncanny! 

No comments:

Post a Comment