Thursday, July 30, 2026

Spider Man Brand New Day

 



Spider Man Brand New Day is the Spider Man film I have waited 25 years for. There are spoilers here so warning true believers. I feel the Raimi trilogy(well first 2) truly captured awe. Andrew Garfield captured Peter Parker. Tom Holland has been growing, his Spidey was younger and naive in the larger MCU. Here he has grown and matured. After the events of the last chapter he is now a loner that saves the city. Holland nails it here and injects alot of heart. He has become my favorite Parker. The plot while contrived at the start makes sense at the end and holy fuck is it a ride. Birth of the atom, the mutants walk among us finally. Heels and faces are shades of grey......and it gives this film so many layers. MJ and Ned are part of the heart of this film and the end even pulls the heart strings. This might be right below the 3 Guardians and the last 2 Avengers films as my favorite in the MCU and if not it is neck and neck with No Way Home. This is easily the best of the Spidey films since I would say since Spider Man 2. I am now ready for Doomsday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment