Friday, June 10, 2016

The Conjuring 2




In 2013 James Wan did a 1 2 punch of Insidious 2 and The Conjuring, and I found the first Conjuring to be a masterpiece, everything worked in it, it was legit freaky, well crafted and had a damn fine soundtrack. The sequel was announced I was weary but when Wan signed on, all was well. The spin-off Annabelle was a let down, would the legit follow up he the same? That it was not, I didn't love it like I did the first but it was better looking than most theatrical horror films these days, it still,maintained the freaky scares and still had good music. This one felt a little less subtle about the scares as the haunting was more in your face, but it balanced it out with more humor than the first, my favorite bit involved a 70s camcorder. I hope Wan still does horror and doesn't stick to blockbusters after Aquaman as he has a gift, a gift he shares. He is a modern horror master!

1 comment:

  1. James Wan is indeed a master. Nice review.

    - Zach (fadetozach.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete