Friday, September 9, 2016

Warcraft




I played Warcraft, maybe once, in high school buddies of mine loved it, hell one of my besties was hooked, i never got it but always said it would be a cool movie if done right. We debated for years over how it would be done, i kept guessing a studio hack but wanted a Peter Jackson or a Guillermo Del Toro to direct it, then it was announced that Duncan Jones would be behind the camera....i was stoked. I though Source Code was underrated, but my love, came from Moon, i a film I adore, i love it, it is brilliant, perfect filmmaking in every capacity. I knew Warcraft would not have the same practical effects as Moon but i was okay with it, and i was sure the studio would back his vision with a tentpole project like this....well maybe, and maybe was right, and on that note, I don't know if it being a CGI fest was right either....this film was pretty much a video game, it was watching a friend play a video game, but instead of being drunk or high and cracking jokes, it is just dull, it wants to be Lord of the Rings, but it isn't, now it isn't awful, it just isn't interesting. If you're a fan of the game, i don't know what to say, if you're not...well maybe you will find something to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment