Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Summertime




 The trailer for Summertime hooked me. I had seen it a few times at a couple art houses and it looked like the type of indie film i would shoot to the top of my list. I didn't get a chance to see it in theatres but i have finally had my task and it....underwhelmed me. It has a good script, good poetry, and it looks beautiful. It is fast paced and has a great hipstery New York setting but holy hell did the characters get on my nerves. This felt like the "millennial" Slacker, or the "SJW" Slacker, characters come and go, they re meet and we follow them on their day but the shit they go through is their own fault. It is like Kids except atleast that film knew their characters were shit, here we are supposed to act like they are the ones in the right when in fact they are entitled and rude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment